Finally getting back into my running!

June 13th, 2009

Well, after days and days of¬†thunderstorms¬†and massive downpours, I have finally been able to go on some decent runs! No one ever told me that it’s humid and rainy 80% of the time in Washington, DC over the summer! Anyways, I am getting really excited about cross country in the fall, so I really appreciate when the weather is perfect here. I haven’t run competitively since before I left for Senegal, so I am slowly getting back into everything, but it’s all good! Yesterday, I went on a nice, long 12.25 mile run around DC. I ran from American University to M Street in Georgetown (the ritzy shopping street) to the White House to the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial and then back to campus. I love being around all of these great places! All of my runs in DC have been amazing, but it is so hilly here! American University has to be on the highest hill in Washington, DC, because every single time I go for a run it is all down hill and then all up hill. Not the best for when I want to do an easy run, but I will be ready to tackle all the “hills” in Wooster!

Well, it is 1:30AM, and I just got back from dinner and a movie in Bethesda, MD. I’ll write more later. Peace from Obama-ville! ALEX

4 Responses to “Finally getting back into my running!”

1. duvallspxon 13 Jun 2009 at 1:35 PM

new to Twitter… searched for my alma mater COW and found your blog. I happen to be a DC native, former admissions department summer tour guide, and runner. Glad to see you’re getting out and enjoying one the best cities in the world. I highly recommend seeing the Viet Nam Memorial and Lincoln Memorial after midnight. Also take the Metro to Arlington National Cemetary. If you’re in town for the 4th of July head over to Roslyn metro stop and walk to Iwo Jima Memorial…bring a camera! Running suggestion: http://www.cctrail.org.

2. ajue10on 14 Jun 2009 at 5:07 AM

Thanks for the post on my blog and for the link to the trails! I am absolutely loving DC; I am so happy to be back in this city! I haven’t been to DC since I looked at schools here, so this summer has been great so far! On another note, what did you study at Wooster? what was your IS on?

3. Cezar Mesquitaon 19 Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM

Hello, Alex

Nice posts from DC. Looking forward to seeing you on campus next year. Have a great summer!

Cezar

4. ajue10on 21 Jun 2009 at 3:52 PM

Hello Cezar, Thanks for the post on my blog. I am really enjoying DC and I look forward to seeing and working with you on campus next year. Have a great summer too! Alex