Family Weekend with my mom!

October 25th, 2009

This was such a relaxing weekend for me. I had the pleasure of spending it with my mother and did not think about my independent study project, homework, or anything relating to school. My mom arrived on campus Friday evening at about 7PM and my friends and I were waiting for her at the Wooster Inn Pub. We have become regulars at the Pub, and see ourselves going there every Friday at about 5:45-6PM.

The first activity that my mom and I went to (along with Tess, Kaitlyn, Anna’s mom, Anneb, and Lindsay and her mom) was a performance by all five of the a capella groups (After These Messages, A Round of Monkeys, COW Belles, Lethal Inflection, and Merry Kuween of Skots). Going to see the a capella groups on campus is one of my favorite things to do…even if they sing the same songs at every show! After the a capella show, we went to see the comedy group on campus called Don’t Throw Shoes; they were hilarious! My mom and I then went to the infamous Coccia House and had delicious, anti-pasta, calamari, pizza, maple-pecan gelatto. My mom wanted to see the college underground, as well, but I told her another time I would show her.

On Saturday, I had to work in the Office of Admissions, but after work, I went to the football game with my mom. We played Wabash (#18) and lost 37-27; we started the game off really well, with an early touchdown and some good offense and defense, but in the end just could not hold out. After the game, my mom and I went to Tulipan in downtown Wooster and had some coffee and cookies; Tulipan is the Hungarian Bakery that serves delicious treats. We followed that small meal with an incredible meal at The Old Jaol Steakhouse. My mom, Tess, and I had enough food to hold us over for a couple of days! It was great to go to The Old Jaol because I had never been before, and now I can check it off my “Wooster Bucket List”. Our evening ended with a jazz performance (a tribute to Nat King Cole) by Freddy Cole and his Trio with the College of Wooster Jazz Ensemble.

Today, I started off my morning at Broken Rocks for breakfast with my mom. This weekend was so nice, I had such a great time with my mom and was able to clear my mind of everything else college.

Now it is time for IS!