It’s been WAY TOO LONG!!!

February 3rd, 2010

Well, I feel like I should start this blog by introducing myself again…IT HAS BEEN WY TOO LONG!

All is well and classes are well under way. This semester I am taking three classes (Introduction to Sculpture, War and Peace in Film, French Phonology), as well as working on my Independent Study. Everything is going really well, except for the fact that the “IS-ticker” is ticking quite quickly now! My advisors would like a final rough draft in hand by February 28, 2010! That is in 26-days from now…and 47-days from IS MONDAY! I am no where near completion, though I do have 87-pages of IS written….WOW!!!

Overall, my Independent Study project is going pretty well. I mean it is definitely stressful and a lot of work, but it has taught me a lot about prioritizing and staying on top of things/homework/etc. As far as my project goes I am looking at the relationship between defining and understanding sustainable development and the way that it is conceived and approached in Senegal, West Africa. I had some incredible interactions/interviews while I was in Senegal over winter break…and I am ready to hit the ground running with my case study an analysis of my findings!

On another note, I am trying to enjoy all the joys of being a college student. My friends and I are spending more time together and are dreading the prospects of graduating and leaving a place we have grown to call HOME! The other night we all watched “The Hurt Locker” and just “vegged” in my room for hours! We are going to miss the luxuries of just hanging out and relaxing. When somebody says that college is the best four years of your life…they are not lying to you. These past seven semesters have been incredible.

Well, I am going to head to bed now. It is late and Timkin Science Library is getting too quiet (and its the quiet library on campus). Let me sign off and leave you all with this picture below!

College is INCREDIBLE!